We are rolling out an update to our Slack integration, and we need one person from your team to complete 3 quick steps to ensure your Slack alerts continue:
1. Go to an article card (like this one from an earlier announcement!), and click the Share Article circle button in the top right corner
2. Click on the Share to Slack button
3. Click the Share to Channel dropdown. You'll notice a red notice that says, "This Channel Needs Re-Authorization." Click to re-authorize each channel one by one.
Integrating Slack allows users to send news alerts directly to a Slack Channel for seamless sharing of content.
NOTE: The first thing you will need to do is determine which channel(s) Cision alerts should appear. You have the ability to integrate Slack in multiple channels to receive alerts, so best practice is to create a list of channels to include for your organization and yourself before integrating Slack.
1. In the right hand corner of the Cision platform, click on the dropdown arrow next to your name and choose Settings.
2. Click on the Integrations tab.
3. Scroll to the Team Communications section and select Add New Channel.
|4. Select what information you want shared with the Cision App.|
5. Select the channel(s) in Slack where you want to receive news alerts.
6. Click the Allow button.
Complete Steps 4-6 for each additional channel where you would like to receive news alerts.
Once each Slack channel is allowed to post, Cision alerts will populate in the channel(s) you selected moving forward.