You can send Email Announcements to individuals, saved media lists, or directly from the results of a search. To learn how to create and save a media list, click here.
To send an Email Announcement from a saved media list:
1. Navigate to the Contacts tab.
2. Select Lists.
3. Click on the Saved Contact List you wish to open.
4. Select your recipients using the checkboxes along the left.
5. Click on the Email List button.
6. Choose Email Announcement.
From there, you will be brought to the Recipient List page where you can choose to add additional media or remove media from the announcement. You may send an email announcement for up to 5,000 recipients.
Note: If there are any recipients in the list you selected, who you would like to remove from the email outreach, click on the trash can icon next to the journalist's email.
|When adding more recipients, you can:|
NOTE: If one or more of the selected contacts are missing an email, a modal denoting such will show up when you click the Next: Compose Email button. Take note that any contacts that do not have email addresses will not show up in the recipient list when an email is sent out.
Enter in the information in the following fields of the Email Composition window:
1. From: This field denotes the address that the email will be sent from, which you will be asked to verify by the platform.
NOTE: If you have previously verified your email address or have integrated an email address with the platform for Personalized Pitches, you will simply select your email address from the dropdown menu.
To Add and Verify a New Email Address:
A. Click on the dropdown menu to the right of this field. If you have not verified your email address, select the + Add and verify a new email address link.
B. Add a valid email address that actively receives email messages, then click on the Send Email Verification button. NOTE: You must have access to the inbox or the manager of the inbox must approve the use of the email address (next step).
C. A confirmation email will be sent to the inbox of the email address you entered in step 2. Open the email and click on the Continue to Verification button.
D. A new webpage will open and you will click on the Verify my Email button.
E. Navigate back to the Email Announcement composition window, close and reopen the From field dropdown and select the newly verified email address, before completing the additional fields in your email announcement.
|NOTE: After verifying a new email address (see above), our system will identify if the domain name for that address has already been authenticated. If it has not, you will be given the ability to send a request to our Support team via a support ticket to start the manual process of domain authentication. Click here to see the process.|
3. Reply-To: This optional field specifies the “reply-to” address that will be shown on the email. If a recipient replies to your email, this is the email address those replies will be sent.
4. Send copies to: This field allows you to specify up to 20 additional emails to send copies to (colleagues, etc.). These addresses will not be added to the recipient list.
5. Subject: Enter a Clear, Concise and Catchy Subject to entice contacts to open your email.
Customize your email with fonts, links, tables, etc or upload a template from Microsoft Word or use the ready made Templates.
You may also add unlimited attachments up to 25MB.
A. You may embed and resize images into your email. Click on the Image icon, and select the image you would like to add.
B. To change the size of the image, click on the black square at the bottom-right corner and drag the image to your preferred size.
C. To move the image elsewhere in your Email Announcement, click on the small white box in the upper-left corner of the image and drag the image to the location in the body of the email where you would like the image saved.
D. Easily create engaging emails using the selectable email template option available in the editing tool.
|To watch a demo of this process, click on the video to the right!|
6. When you're ready, click on the Next: Confirm and Preview button to finalize your announcement.
7. If you would like to save this as a draft to work on at a later time, click on the Save and Exit button.
While in the Confirm and Preview screen:
- You will be able to view a preview of your email.
- If you want to edit the email before sending, click on the Back to Compose button or save as a draft to work on the email at a later time using the Save and Exit button.
- You can enter in an optional Email Title to find this email easier in the Message Center, whether saved as a draft or after it has been sent.
- If you added an attachment(s), they will be visible in the preview. You may delete the attachment using the trash can icon next to it.
- If necessary, you can edit the Opt-Out address by clicking on the pencil icon. The Opt-Out address is required by law and will show up as an unsubscribe button at the bottom of your email. This address can be set up and saved in the Settings section or edited on the left hand side of this page.
- You can also choose to Send a Copy to Sender if you want to receive a copy in your inbox when the email is sent to your recipients.
- Prior to sending the email, click on the Send Preview of Email button to view how your email will look to recipients when it enters their inbox.
- Once complete, you can click Send Email to send out immediately. (See below for how to Schedule your Email to send at a date and time of your choosing).
9. From the 'Preview & Send' screen, you can add your email to an existent campaign within your account. Choose the 'Select Existing Campaign' button and a pop-up will allow you to add your email to any existent Campaign.
To Schedule Email delivery for a later date and time:
- Click on the Schedule Email Delivery toggle to turn it on and select a Date, Time & Time Zone.
- Click on Schedule Email to finalize. There is no limit to how far out you can schedule your email.
To modify or delete a saved draft or scheduled email:
1. Navigate to Contacts tab.
2. Select Message Center.
3. Select Drafts or Scheduled, based on how the email was saved.
4. Click on the email you want to modify.
Follow the steps to compose an email and make edits along the way.
5. Select the Discard button to delete an email you no longer need.
When a verified email address includes a domain name that is not yet authenticated, the application will display a yellow banner in two locations:
|Performance Snapshot Page within the Message Center:|
|Email Settings Page:|
A. From field. This is a field that will automatically prepopulate with the email address you verified. This field is editable in the event you need the support ticket sent to a different email inbox.
B. Body of the email that will be sent to the support team. They are trained on how to handle this type of request and will respond with the next steps for you to begin the Domain Authentication process. This field is not editable. It should include all domain names that are pending authentication. This means that if multiple users have verified multiple email addresses that are at a variety of domain names, the list under “Email Domains” could be longer.