You can send Email Announcements to individuals, media lists and directly from search results. To learn how to search for media contacts, click here.
To send an Email Announcement from media search results:
1. Navigate to the Contacts tab.
2. Select Search.
3. Run any relevant media search, and click the Search button.
To learn more about Searching with Connect, click here!
4. Once you're on the results page, add any additional filters to your search using the filters on the left hand side.
5. Use the checkboxes to the left of all listed contacts to select specific recipients.
6. Select All Recipients on the page, by clicking on the checkbox at the top of the list. (default is 50 recipients).
7. Click on the Select All button in the blue window to select all recipients in the list (more than 50 and up 10 5,000 recipients).
8. Click on the Email Selections button.
9. Choose Email Announcement.
From there, you will be brought to the Recipient List page where you can choose to add additional media or remove media from the announcement. You may send an email announcement for up to 5,000 recipients.
When adding more recipients, you can:
NOTE: If one or more of the selected contacts are missing an email, a modal denoting such will show up when you click the Next: Compose Email button. Take note that any contacts that do not have email addresses will not show up in the recipient list when an email is sent out.
Enter in the information in the following fields of the Email Composition Email:
1. From: This field denotes the address that the email will be sent from, which you will be asked to verify by the platform.
NOTE: If you have previously verified your email address or have integrated an email address with the platform for Personalized Pitches, you will simply select your email address from the dropdown menu.
To Add and Verify a New Email Address:
A. Click on the dropdown menu to the right of this field. If you have not verified your email address, select the + Add and verify a new email address link.
B. Add a valid email address that actively receives email messages, then click on the Send Email Verification button. NOTE: You must have access to the inbox or the manager of the inbox must approve the use of the email address (next step).
C. A confirmation email will be sent to the inbox of the email address you entered in step 2. Open the email and click on the Continue to Verification button.
D. A new webpage will open and you will click on the Verify my Email button.
E. Navigate back to the Email Announcement composition window, close and reopen the From field dropdown and select the newly verified email address, before completing the additional fields in your email announcement.
NOTE: After verifying a new email address (see above), our system will identify if the domain name for that address has already been authenticated. If it has not, you will be given the ability to send a request to our Support team via a support ticket to start the manual process of domain authentication. Click here to see the process.
3. Reply-To: This optional field specifies the “reply-to” address that will be shown on the email. If a recipient replies to your email, this is the email address those replies will be sent.
4. Send copies to: This field allows you to specify up to 20 additional emails to send copies to (colleagues, etc.). These addresses will not be added to the recipient list.
5. Subject: Enter a Clear, Concise and Catchy Subject to entice contacts to open your email.
Customize your email with fonts, links, tables, etc or upload a template from Microsoft Word. You may also add unlimited attachments up to 25MB.
A. You may embed and resize images into your email. Click on the Image icon, and select the image you would like to add.
B. To change the size of the image, click on the black square at the bottom-right corner and drag the image to your preferred size.
C. To move the image elsewhere in your Email Announcement, click on the small white box in the upper-left corner of the image and drag the image to the location in the body of the email where you would like the image saved.
D. Easily create engaging emails using the selectable email template option available in the editing tool.
|To watch a demo of this process, click on the video to the right!|
6. When you're ready, click on the Next: Confirm and Preview button to finalize your announcement.
7. If you would like to save this as a draft to work on at a later time, click on the Save and Exit button.
While in the Confirm and Preview screen:
- You will be able to view a preview of your email.
- If you want to edit the email before sending, click on the Back to Compose button or save as a draft to work on the email at a later time using the Save and Exit button.
- You can enter in an optional Email Title to find this email easier in the Message Center, whether saved as a draft or after it has been sent.
- If you added an attachment(s), they will be visible in the preview. You may delete the attachment using the trash can icon next to it.
- If necessary, you can edit the Opt-Out address by clicking on the pencil icon. The Opt-Out address is required by law and will show up as an unsubscribe button at the bottom of your email. This address can be set up and saved in the Settings section or edited on the left hand side of this page.
- You can also choose to Send a Copy to Sender if you want to receive a copy in your inbox when the email is sent to your recipients.
- Prior to sending the email, click on the Send Preview of Email button to view how your email will look to recipients when it enters their inbox.
- Once complete, you can click Send Email to send out immediately. (See below for how to Schedule your Email to send at a date and time of your choosing).
9. From the 'Preview & Send' screen, you can add your email to an existent campaign within your account. Choose the 'Select Existing Campaign' button and a pop-up will allow you to add your email to any existent Campaign.
To Schedule Email delivery for a later date and time:
- Click on the Schedule Email Delivery toggle to turn it on and select a Date, Time & Time Zone.
- Click on Schedule Email to finalize. There is no limit to how far out you can schedule your email.