Manually Opting Out Media Contacts
If you send email distributions to Media Contacts using your Cision Communications Cloud, recipients will have the opportunity to opt themselves out of future communications from you. However, you also have the ability to manually Opt Out a Media Contact per your own communication preferences or their request outside of the system (snail mail request or request through your own email system). The manually applied opt-out applies to all email addresses associated with the media contact in the system, both system added and private.
To Manually Opt Out a Media Contact,
- Click on Search Media Contacts option from the Influencers tab in the Next Gen Cision Communications Cloud. This will open the Cision Media Database.
- Select the Search page from the Influencer tab in the Cision Media Database.
- Make sure the criteria box is set to Contact Name and begin typing the Media Contact’s name that you wish to Opt Out. Notice that the Cision Communications Cloud will show any Media Contacts whose name match what you type. The platform will also show the Media Outlet with which each Media Contact is associated.
- Click the desired Contact Name from the results list.
Click Search with the desired contact’s information in the search box.
The Contact’s Record Page will be displayed as a result of the search. While this record will display a wealth of information, the area that can be used to manually Opt Out the Media Contact can be found in the lower left-hand panel under the Three Ellipses button.
- Click the Three Ellipses button.
- Select Opt-Out from Email.
Click Opt-Out on the confirmation. After doing so, the Media Contact will not receive further communications sent from the data group in which the opt-out occurs within your Cision Communications Cloud. The manually applied opt-out applies to all email addresses associated with the media contact in the system, both system added and private.