How to Manage Earned Impact Personas
Earned Impact Personas enable you to understand which audiences your earned media coverage is resonating. From the analytics provided for personas, you can discover new audiences, benchmark message resonance, segment earned audiences by dozens of demographic and firmographic traits, and personalize content for target audience personas! If you have web conversions as part of your subscription and they are enabled, you will also be able to see how many conversions can be attributed to each persona and the total audience. If you are new to Earned Impact Personas, click here to see how to Create a New Persona.
Managing Earned Impact Personas
Once you have created Personas, you have two options for managing the persona and viewing its attribution data. These options are described in greater detail below.
To Manage your Personas and view their related data:
- Click the Analytics tab.
- Select the Impact for Earned Media option.
- Click the Manage Persona icon to manage Personas and see their related data. You can click the Manage Persona icon in any search. When you create a persona for any search, it will be visible in every other search. This means that you can also edit or update a Persona for any search.
- Alternatively, you can click on the Audience Insights arrow that will guide you to the data gathered by the search, including an interactive Attribution widget, allowing you to drill down to more granular data.
When Using the Manage Persona icon to access Persona Management:
- Use the trashcan icon to delete the persona.
- Use the pencil icon to open and edit the Persona's characteristics. When the Persona characteristics open, the right-hand panel will show attribution data currently associated with your Persona.
- Click the Create New Persona button to create a new Persona.
When using the arrow icon to access Audience Insights :
- Scroll through the charts of data to the Attribution chart (located at the bottom of the page). Within this widget, you can click on each Persona to see their clicks, unique views, downloads and blog visits.
- The Manage Persona button can be used over time to edit, remove, or add personas.
- Once you have created personas, you will be able to see the both the Total Views and Daily Unique Viewers that can be attributed to the each persona and the total audience.
- If you have web conversions as part of your subscription and enabled, you will also be able to see how many conversions can be attributed to each persona and the total audience.
- If you see no results after you have created a persona, may need to change the date range as the views and web conversions may go back further than the last seven days. When specifying a date range, you can go back as far as 90 days.
- Click on the See More link to drill down into the Attribution Chart Data.
Interacting with the Attribution Chart Drill-down Function:
- Select whether you want Total Views and/or Daily Unique Views included in your chart.
- Select the timeframe for which you would like data and clips displayed.
- Review the Total Views and Daily Unique Viewers for the Audience Segment selected during the timeframe you set.
- Hover over any data point in the chart to see Total Views and Daily Unique Viewers for that date.
- Click on any data point in the chart to see the Articles associated with that time frame for the Audience Segment selected.
- Click the snippet of text, outlet name or author to see metrics related only to that article , including the Performance Snapshot and Attribution data for that article.
- Click on the Headline to be taken to the full article.