Finding a Journalist by Name
- Type the name of the journalist into the Search Bar.
- See Contacts By Name to select the relevant contact.
NOTE: There are 2 different ways to see more info after a search: View the Mini Card or Full Profile (see descriptions below)
Journalist Profile View Workflow
|When hovering over a journalist on the Search page, you can open two profile types:|
1. Click on the New Tab icon to open the full profile in a new tab.
2. Click on the Eye icon to open the journalist's mini-card profile.
3. If a contact is a Social Influencer, you will note a Social Influencer badge next to their name.
Both of these profile views are discussed further below.
Contact Information - Mini Cards
If the contact is a social influencer, you will see a Social Influencer badge in the upper-left corner of their mini-card.
Contact Information - Full Profile
A. Name of contact
B. Job role
D. Location of the contact
E. Email, Phone, Social Media and Website contact information
F. Contact lists in the platform that they have been added to
G. Topics covered by the contact
H. Social profiles of the contact
If the contact is a social influencer, you will see a Social Influencer Badge in the upper-left of their full profile.
2. View the Performance Snapshot section (see metrics below)
A. Article Reach - The average readership across every article the journalist has written in the last 180 days.
B. Social Reach - The journalist's social following (Sum of followers across Twitter & Twitch).
C. Engagement Score - A 1-10 score reflecting the engagement (shares, likes, etc) on the influencer’s article and social content.
Engagement Score Calculation:
D. Weekly Activity - The average number of articles and tweets the influencer publishes per week.
|In the Overview tab, you will also find the following:|
3. Recently Published Articles – You can expand this view by clicking on All Articles or going to Articles Section along the top.
4. Cision Pitching Profile - Provides information about the contact collected by Cision, including their role, preferred method of communication, and career history.
5. Recent Social Activity (Twitter) - You can expand this view by clicking on All Social Activity or going to Social section along the top.
6. Recent Activity - Records recent email communications between the influencer and all users of your account.
7. Articles Tab – A list of recent articles written by the journalist. You can filter by timeframe, media type, date, impact score, readership, circulation, SEO impact, shares & keyword search within results. Articles are clickable to view more details in the Article Card.
8. Social Tab – List of social profiles & recent Twitter activity.
9. Emails Tab - You can connect your email account to Cision and send custom emails directly from the platform. The system will automatically pull in any emails you previously sent to journalists from your inbox into the system so you can view your history of emails with the media.
10. Notes Tab - Leave notes for yourself or your team about the journalists. You can "pin" important notes to show up at the top of the page.
11. Activity Tab - Keep track of your interactions with the media by logging various activities. Select a Type, Date/Time, any notes and hit Save.
The following 5 Activities are automatically tracked by Cision:
12. Add to List button(s) - Add this influencer to an existing list or create a new media list.
13. Delete Contact from Lists button(s): You may easily remove the contact from multiple lists in the Contact Information box on the left-hand side of the screen
14. Have an update? button: You may complete an in-app submission form to submit contact and outlet data update requests to our Media Research team. NOTE: Cision does not accept data update requests for private contacts or “Social Influencer” contacts . Private contacts are custom created and editable by users and “Social Influencer” contacts are directly sourced and displayed from available social profile information.
15. Run a New Keyword Search button: You can run a new search by Keyword in the persistent search bar at the top of the page. NOTE: This will replace your current search results with new results based upon the new keyword search.