Managing Data in Cision Social Listening
The ‘Authentication tokens’ and ‘Data sources’ sections within CSL settings are combined into one new ‘Data Management’ section, which streamlines your access to all of the information about your synced social media accounts, non-owned social accounts, affiliated hashtags and topics you are tracking in one place.
This workflow includes fewer steps for you to start tracking social media data across Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Accessing Data Management:
1. Click on the Gear icon in the upper-right corner of Cision Social Listening.
You will now see your monitored data sources organized into the following tabs:
A. Facebook pages - Public Non-owned and Owned pages
B. Instagram accounts - Public Non-owned* and Owned accounts
C. Instagram hashtags - Any publicly recognized hashtag
D. LinkedIn pages - Owned business pages
E. Facebook connections - View who has authenticated Facebook and Instagram pages
F. LinkedIn connections - View which LinkedIn pages have been added
Note: Reminders will appear in each tab to explain which sources you may track for each social media platform.
To Add New Data Sources:
To Add and Authenticate Owned Facebook Pages and Instagram Accounts:
Note: These are Facebook pages and Instagram accounts owned by you or an admin who can authenticate on your behalf.
1. Select the Owned Facebook Pages and Instagram Accounts option and click the Next button.
2. Click on the Connect with Facebook button if you are the administrator of the account.
3. Copy the link and send it to the administrator of the account.
4. Log in to Facebook to use your Facebook account to track your Owned Facebook pages and your linked Business Instagram accounts.
5. A window will pop up requesting access to your account. To adjust which areas of your account you would like Social Listening to access, click on the Choose what you allow link.
6. If you do not wish to adjust access settings, click on the Continue button to complete the authentication process and add this account to Social Listening.
7. If you clicked on the Choose what you allow link, make your selections and click on the Continue button to finish authenticating this account and add it to Social Listening.
Note: Your Name, Tracking start date, Status and Email will appear in the Facebook connections tab.
|NOTE: For channels requiring someone else to authenticate for you, your user authorization for content will expire after 60 days, requiring you to reach out to the owner of that channel to re-authenticate for you. (They will receive an email to the email associated with their Facebook account that it needs to be re-authenticated and the token will switch from "Active" to "Inactive" in Cision Social Listening until they re-authenticate). |
For owned channels, re-authentication will be required should you change your password.
To Add and Monitor Public (Non-owned) Facebook pages (Individually or in Bulk):
Available Non-Owned Public Facebook business pages will be automatically integrated into Cision Social Listening Quick and Saved search results via the Meta API. If a Facebook page is not included in the Public Facebook database, a public Facebook page can still be manually set up for tracking in the Data Management panel.
1. Select the Other Facebook Pages option and click on the Next button.
2. Add the URL(s) for the public Facebook page(s) you want to monitor, then click on the Track button.
1. Select the Other Instagram Pages option and click on the Next button.
2. Add the Instagram accounts you want to monitor, then click on the Track button.
To Add and Track Instagram Hashtags:
1. Select the Instagram Hashtags option and click on the Next button.
2. Select the Instagram account you wish to track. Note: You must have already added the Instagram account you wish to track.
3. Enter in the hashtag(s) you want to monitor for that account.
4. Check the acknowledgement box.
5. Click on the Add button.
Note: The number of Hastags you have left to monitor in a 7 day span will be listed in the upper-right of the Instagram hashtags to track box.
Using Boolean operators:
Using the Guided Search:
When adding LinkedIn pages to monitor, note that you must be the Admin for the LinkedIn Business account you are trying to track, with Super Admin privileges.
1. Select the Owned LinkedIn Page option and click on the Next button.
2. Enter in the profile name or URL for the business page you want to monitor, then click on the Next button.
If the LinkedIn account has not yet been authenticated:
3. Click on the Connect with LinkedIn button.
4. Sign in to the LinkedIn account for the organization you wish to track.
5. Click on the Allow button.
6. Type in a profile name or URL of the page you would like to track, then click on the Next button.
7. Confirm the organization, page name and Select a Team within Cision Social Listening to assign the LinkedIn page to, then click on the Confirm and Start Tracking button.
NOTE: You are auto-assigned a team when you receive access to CSL, so you will most likely only have one team to select from during this step. Teams are also automatically associated with your saved searches.
After added, you will note that the LinkedIn page will be saved in the LinkedIn Connections tab.
Add Owned LinkedIn Pages You're Monitoring to Saved Searches:
In order to load LinkedIn data, after selecting which LinkedIn pages to monitor, you then need to add those pages to your Saved Searches in Cision Social Listening.
NOTE: You are able to track LinkedIn data for your Saved Searches, but cannot add them to Quick Searches.
1. In the Saved Searches tab, select the Saved Search you would like to add LinkedIn data to.
2. Click on the LinkedIn icon to add the owned LinkedIn pages you would like to monitor in that Saved Search.
3. Check the box(es) for the LinkedIn pages you would like to add to the Saved Search, then click on the Save button.
Note: You will only see the pages that you previously added as targeted data sources.
To add or remove LinkedIn pages from a Saved Search:
1. Click on the Pencil Icon in the Saved Search to edit your search.
2. Check the box(es) for the LinkedIn page(s) you would like to add or Un-check the box(es) for the page(s) you would like to remove.
3. Click on the Save button.
4. If you would like to save the changes you've made to your original saved search, click on the Save button.
5. If you would like to keep the original search and save your changes as a new saved search, click on the Save as New Search button.