The Connect Briefing Book is a visually pleasing, printer-friendly digest of selected media contacts, their relevant contact information, and pitching preferences. You can easily customize the exported .docx file using a word processing program such as Microsoft Word so that any company-specific insights can be added to the document, further enriching the value for the end-user's upcoming engagement! If you do not have Connect, and want to send a traditional Briefing Book Report, click here.
You have two options for creating a Connect Briefing Book: 1. Selecting specific contacts from saved lists or 2. Sending a Connect Briefing Book to All Contacts in a Saved list of 50 influencers or less. This document will follow steps for the first option.
To Create a Connect Briefing Book by Selecting Individual Contacts from a Saved List:
- Click on the Contacts tab.
- Select Lists from the dropdown menu.
When the Saved Contact Lists page opens:
- Click on the row for any Saved List of contacts, regardless of total contacts in the list.
After Selecting the Contact List:
- Click on the checkboxes on the left-hand side to select up to 50 individual contacts you would like to include in the Connect Briefing Book. NOTE: You cannot create a Connect Briefing Book with more than 50 contacts.
- Click on the Download menu.
- Select the Briefing Book option.
- The Connect Briefing Book form will open on the right hand side of the screen.
- Enter the information in all required fields that are marked by a red asterisk.
- At the bottom of the form, you will see that the report will be sent to the listed email address. NOTE: The default Cision email address for the account used will be included and cannot be changed.
- After you've completed all required fields, select the Next: Terms and Conditions button to move to the next step.
When the Terms and Agreement Window Opens:
1. Read the Cision Data Download Terms and Agreement and check the box that you agree. NOTE: You cannot download the file until you have agreed to these terms.
2. Click on the Send Briefing Book button.
To Access the Connect Briefing Book you Created:
1. After all steps are complete, you should receive an email to the address we have on file from firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 minutes (You will not download a file from the platform like other Connect exports).
The email will include the Connect Briefing Book as a .docx attachment. At this time, you can edit the Connect Briefing Book and begin entering additional information, like Recent Activities with contacts, using a program such as Microsoft Word. NOTE: Google Docs users will not be able to see embedded profile images in the Briefing Book, but users can create a free MS Word account to view the document, complete with all images.
After Downloading the Connect Briefing Book .docx:
NOTE: Cision does not store Connect Briefing Books that have been created in the platform, so we suggest creating a list specifically for the Briefing Books you are creating.