The Connect Message Center
The Connect Message Center allows you to view and manage all communications sent from the platform, including both Personalized Pitches and Email Announcements. Within the Message Center, you can preview sent Email Announcements, view and export the Email Announcement Performance Snapshot Report, copy Email Announcements to send to additional contacts, view and reply to Personalized Pitches and more!
Select one of the following topics to learn more about:
- General Navigation
- Email Announcement Management
- Personalized Pitch Management
- Navigate to the Contacts tab.
- Select Message Center.
When in the Message Center:
On the left-hand side, you can filter by:
Message Center Filters Available:
Managing Email Announcements
Many Email Announcements are used to distribute press release style communication. You may spend a lot of time editing and adjusting spacing, colors, images, header styles, etc. before sending the first release. This is delicate work that you need to do each time you draft a new email announcement, unless you utilize the Copy an Email feature.
With the Copy an Email feature, you can easily duplicate an existing email announcement (draft or sent) which will preserve all of the styling of the email you previously created!
The Copy an Email feature copies the following:
The Copy an Email feature DOES NOT copy the following:
There are 2 options to Copy an Email:
1. In the Message Center, click on the Copy Email button that appears on the right side of the screen for the Email Announcement you wish to copy, then add a new name for the copied email and click Create Draft.
2. In the Email Preview Screen (after clicking on the "Sent" email announcement you wish to copy in the Message Center), click on the Copy Email button in the upper-right corner of the screen, then add a new name for the copied email and click Create Draft.
Adding Emails to Campaigns:
Emails can be added to multiple Campaigns from the Message Center. Clicking the megaphone icon on your Personalized Pitch or Email Announcement will allow you to associate your message with existent Campaigns in your account. This will allow you to align your outreach efforts with your Campaigns.
Viewing Email Announcement Previews and Reports:
Email Announcement Reports give valuable insight into who is engaging with your outreach efforts. The platform will automatically track delivery rates, open rates, link clicks and unsubscribes!
After clicking on the Email Announcement you wish to Review, select either the Email Preview tab or the Performance Snapshot tab.
|The Email Announcement Performance Snapshot Report provides valuable insights of media interaction for the Email Announcement that was sent. Click on the Performance Snapshot tab from the Email Preview.|
To go directly to the Performance Snapshot, click on the number of recipients for the Email Announcement in the Message Center.
The Performance Snapshot shows the following information:
- Delivery Rate - Percentage of recipients who successfully received the email.
- Open Rate - Percentage of recipients who opened the email.
- Click Rate - Percentage of recipients who clicked on links embedded in the email.
- Bounce Rate - Percentage of recipients who did not receive the email after bouncing for 72 hours straight.
- Unsubscribe Rate - Percentage of recipients who received the email, but unsubscribed from receiving future emails.
- Status - This column tracks the delivery status of each recipient on the email list using the following:
- Sending – The email has been sent and has not been delivered or denied from being delivered yet. We consider an email that has soft bounced one or more times in less than 72 hours to still be in a “sending” state. We will attempt to resend soft bounced emails an unspecified number of times for up to 72 hours after the initial send event.
- Delivered – The email has been sent and has been delivered to the recipient’s email server.
- Bounced – The email was not delivered to the recipient because it hard bounced or soft bounced for 72 hours straight.
- Not Sent - The email was not sent from the system because the recipient previously unsubscribed from emails from the account in question or the recipient previously unsubscribed from all emails from Cision.
7. Opened - This column denotes whether or not a recipient opened the Email Announcement.
8. Clicked - This will denote whether links in the email have or have not been clicked. Click on the View Links link to view which links were opened. To learn more about individual links reporting, click here.
9. We will record if a recipient previously unsubscribed from emails, which can be checked by hovering over the black circular information bubble next to the delivery status of Not Sent:
- "Recipient has unsubscribed from email contact"
- "Not contactable via Cision due to data privacy request"
To Export an Email Announcement Performance Snapshot Report:
|1. Click on the Export CSV button to export the report for all contacts OR select individual contacts, then click on the Download dropdown above the contacts and select Contact List.|
2. Select your preferred delimiter for your CSV export, then click on the Next: Terms and Agreement button.
3. Check the box that you agree to the terms and agreements outlined in the Cision Data Download Terms and Agreements pop-up, then click on the Download CSV button.
To Add Recipients of an Email Announcement to a New or Existing Contact List:
1. Select All recipients or select individual recipients to add to your list. Note: You can filter the list prior to selecting recipients.
2. Click on the Add to List button in the recipients filter bar.In the side tray, select one of these two options:
3. Click on the Create New List button to add recipients to a new contact list.
4. Add recipients to Existing List(s), by clicking the Plus Sign button.
5. After selecting the list, click on the Add to List button.
Managing Personalized Pitches
You can view your history of Personalized Pitch email communications with the media. To send Personalized Pitches to the media, click on the link to learn more about our Personalized Pitching email integration.
1. Click on the Personalized Pitch in the Message Center.
2. Click on the Ellipses button to see the full thread.
1. Select the Specific Pitch or Reply you would like to review.
2. Click on the Reply button.
1. Select the Specific Pitch or Reply you would like to mark as Read/Unread.
2. Click on the Mark this message as "Unread" or Mark this message as "Read" button.
To Mark a Full Personalized Pitch Thread as Read/Unread:
To Delete an Individual Personalized Pitch:
1. Select the Specific Pitch or Reply you would like to delete.
2. Click on the Delete Message button.
To Delete a Full Personalized Pitch Thread:
Since private or sensitive email messages will be displayed in the Message Center if an Email Integration Blocklist is not set up before integrating an email account, you can delete the entire thread from the Message Center.
Additionally, when an email integration is removed from a Connect account, the ingested emails and personalized pitches that remain visible in the Message Center can be deleted.
From the Message Center:
From the Personalized Pitch Thread:
- Click on the Trash can icon within the thread.