Audience Activations Summary and Performance Reports
Once you have submitted a request to Activate an Audience, you can view the status of your Activations and data collected.
To access the Activations Summary:
- Click on the Analytics tab.
- Select the Impact Audience Activation option.
When the Activation Summary appears, you will find that each row represents a separate Activation. It is important to note that the details indicated in each row are reflective of the original audience Activation request. These details are not updated once the Activation request form has been submitted. The Performance Report page (detailed further below) that provides all of the data collected by the Activation is updated daily.
Within the Activation Summary View:
- Each row represents a separate Activation. Click on a row to access the Overview and Performance Data details of the Activation.
- If you have many Activations, you can use the arrows to page through them.
- The sort order of the Activations will be indicated in the upper right-hand corner.
When you click on a row in the Activation Summary page, you are opening the Activation details. These details are presented using three pages: Activation Overview, Activation Performance Report and Activation Performance Insights.
Activation Overview Page
The Activation Overview page includes the details listed below. NOTE: It is important to remember that these details are submitted at the time the Activation is requested. The Overview page, unlike the Performance Report, does not reflect any changes made during the Activation planning and launch.
- Expected Audience Activation Launch Date
- Estimated Budget
- Landing Page URL used for the Activation
- Contact Details for the Activation Owner
- Audiences to be Activated with details of the Audience Persona
Performance Report Details
The Performance Report page is one of three pages accessed when you click on a row of the Activation summary page. The Performance Report page will show all of the data collected during the Activation.
The status of the Activation will appear at the top of the Performance Report page. The status of the Activation will indicate whether or not the Activation has started, finished, or is still in the process of collecting data. Below, you will find specific descriptions of the Activation Status types.
The following Activation Request Statuses are available for the performance reports:
- Submitted: An audience activation request has been submitted to the Cision MultiVu Team, but a campaign for the audience has not yet been configured. In this case, please contact your account manager to start a campaign.
- Set-up incomplete: An audience activation request has been submitted to the Cision MultiVu Team and a campaign has been configured. But the report is not yet available. In this case, please contact your account manager for the status of the performance report.
- Scheduled: An audience activation request has been submitted to the Cision Multiview Team and a campaign has been configured. However, the campaign has not yet started.
- Live: An audience activation request has been submitted to the Cision Multiview Team, a campaign has been configured and the campaign is currently running.
- Ended: An audience activation request has been submitted to the Cision Multiview Team, a campaign has been configured and the campaign has completed.
Contact your Accout Manager with any questions regarding Audience Activations.
The Performance Report data will be presented in three sections:
1. Performance Snapshot: Shows the current status of the Activation in terms of: amount of budget spent so far and metrics to date inclusive of Impressions, Clicks, CPM, CPC, and CTR.
2. Charts: There will be a chart for each Activation metric: Impressions, Clicks, CPM, CPC, and CTR. Each of these metrics is defined in the section below. It is important to note that each metric and its related chart is updated once daily.
3. Daily Performance Summary: The summary shows data gathered each day of the Activation by metric (Spend, Impressions, Clicks, CPM, CPC, and CTR). This area can easily be copied and pasted into a spreadsheet application file if you prefer to take this data outside this system.
Performance Metrics & Chart Descriptions
There is a chart for each Activation metric. Each metric is updated on a daily basis. Below are descriptions of each metric and its related chart.
Clicks: Quantity of times a user has clicked on an ad banner.
CPC: Cost per click on online ad banners.
CPM: Cost per thousand page impressions of online ad banners.
CTR: Click through rate. Quantity of clicks divided by the quantity of impressions.
Impressions: Quantity of times that an online ad was shown.
Daily Performance Overview:
The Daily Performance Overview is located at the bottom of the Performance Report page. In this section, each row shows the data gathered by the Activation each day. The data metrics in this area include Spend (for the day), Impressions, Clicks, CPM, CPC, and CTR.
Tip: The layout of the data in this section makes it easy to copy and then paste in a spreadsheet application such as Excel, Numbers, or Sheets.